Friday, July 25, 2014

Herbalism 07.25.14




So about a week ago I ordered some Nettle, Violet, Sage, Rosemary and Astragalus Root from Mountain Rose Herbs in order to try a few infusions and decoctions. So far I have made two different infusions, one from the Nettle and one from the Violet. I like the taste of the nettle a little better but the violet isn't bad.

Nourishing Infusions are made by pouring boiling water over one ounce of the plant material and letting it steep for at least 4 hours.

I've also learned that Nettle has been used effectively for arthritis, lowering blood pressure, regulating blood sugar, helping with dandruff, and curbing allergies among other things. In addition it's packed with calcium and vitamin C.

I've only read a little on violet but from what I've read it seems to be famous for breaking up cysts.

In the pictures I took the violet is on the left and the nettle is on the right. The knife in the background was used to help distribute the heat from the boiling water so that the glass wouldn't crack.






No comments:

Post a Comment